Saturday, January 12, 2008

Honoree Sarah Lamstein Interviewed

Sarah Lamstein, author of the 2008 Sydney Taylor Honor Book Letter on the Wind, has been interviewed on the blog of Barbara Bietz, author, blogger, and incoming member of the Sydney Taylor Book Award Committee. Barbara asked Sarah what it was like to receive the award:

Congratulations on the Sydney Taylor Book Award! How did you hear the news?

I received a very tantalizing email from Rachel Kamin, the chair of the Sydney Taylor Award committee asking me to call her. I did and was thrilled to hear that Letter on the Wind was selected as an Honor book. I was glad I could directly hear her enthusiasm for the work of her committee and that I could convey my excitement to her. It was great!!


For the full interview, click here!

No comments: